The Museum is honored to partner with the following organizations to achieve a collective impact on the Central Coast communities.
- City of Pacific Grove
The Museum is in a strategic public/private partnership with the City of Pacific Grove enabling the Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History to forward the Museum's mission for the benefit of this generation and generations to come.
Monterey Bay Jade Festival
The Museum partners with this festival to celebrate the beauty of our local jade
Bureau of Land Management
The Museum is a BLM Gateway Partner for the California Coastal National Monument, promoting education regarding the more than 20,000 rocks, islands, exposed reefs, and pinnacles along the 1,100 miles of California's coast. The scenic beauty and important wildlife habitat within the Monument are protected by the Bureau of Land Management.
- University of California Cooperative Extension
The Museum is the selected partner to provide the California Naturalist Program for Monterey County.
- Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo
The Museum partnered with Cal-Poly in 2015 for tagging monarch butterflies at the Pacific Grove Monarch Sanctuary.
- California Department of Education, California Environmental Educators Consortium The Museum is a strategic partner of the California Regional Environmental Education Community (CREEC) which is administered by the California Department of Education.
- Save Our Shores The Museum partners with Save Our Shores to add a beach cleanup element to our LiMPETS program.
- Science Illustration Program, CSUMB Extension
Strategic partner with Science Illustration at CSUMB Extended Education showcasing student work in the annual Illustrating Nature.
- CSUMB Service Learning Institute
CSUMB service learners contribute significantly to Museum operations and special projects.
- California Department of Education, California Environmental Educators Consortium
The Museum is a strategic partner of the California Regional Environmental Education Community (CREEC) which is administered by the California Department of Education.
- Monarch Joint Venture
The Museum partners with Monarch Joint Venture on science and education related to monarch butterflies.
- Monterey Bay Chapter of the California Native Plant Society
This local chapter partners with the Museum to present the Annual Wildflower Show. Enjoy one of their free monthly member meetings at the Museum the second Thursday of each month.
- Monterey Peninsula Unified School District
The Museum is partnering with Return of the Natives and the Arts Council for Monterey County to provide an engaging science and arts program for fifth graders in the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District. Through this partnership, students will have the opportunity to learn about native plants and pollinators while installing a native plant garden on their elementary school campus.
- Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District
The Museum is working with the Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District to deliver watershed science programming for area 3rd-5th grade students.
Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce & Tourist Centers
The Museum partners with the Chamber on a variety of meetings and events in the community. Their Web page offers a comprehensive calendar of events for the Pacific Grove area.
- Carmel Valley Gem and Mineral Society
Strategic partner including providing the Fossil Science Saturday. Enjoy one their free monthly member meetings at the Museum the second Friday of each month.
- Sustainable PG
Holds monthly member meetings at the Museum the second Wednesday of each month.
- University of Georgia Monarch Health Lab
The Museum partnered with the Monarch Health Lab on parasite sampling related to monarch butterflies.
- Xerces Society
The Museum partners with the Xerces Society for monarch butterfly counts throughout the Monterey Peninsula over the Thanksgiving holiday.