Apps We Love
- Explorer Apps: These free apps are ideal for everyone. Curious explorers who want to enhance their outdoor experiences will especially love these. No animal or plant expertise is needed to fully engage.
- Naturalist Apps: These free apps are for the committed and more advanced naturalist. They benefit from your knowledge and you'll benefit from theirs.
- Merlin Bird Identification; Cornell Ornithology Labs
What was that bird? Enter basic information such as the color, place you saw it, and what was the bird doing and this app helps you identify the bird.
- California Tide Pools; NOAA, Channel Islands National Marine sanctuary
Photos and a wealth of information about 48 of the most common plants and animals found in our tide pools.
- Seafood Watch; Monterey Bay Aquarium
Guilt-free seafood has arrived! See at-a-glance, while making your dining selection, which of your menu options are sustainable.
- E-Bird; Cornell Ornithology Labs
Wikipedia describes e-bird as "an online database of bird observations providing scientists, researchers and amateur naturalists with real-time data about bird distribution and abundance."
- i-Naturalist; Cal Academy of Science
Record what you see in nature and meet other nature lovers.